.

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Endings, List Of



This is not a poem. It's just a list of things I've realized in the past year or two:

I'm an educator at the end of education;
a full-time teacher, at the end of full-time teaching positions.

A writer, at the end of literacy.

I'm middle class, at the end of the middle class;
a union member at the end of organized labor.

I'm a car guy at the end of combustion engines.
A white guy, at the end of white men.
A guy, period, at the end of gender.

I'm a Jesuit at the end of charity, a Buddhist at the end of forebearance, a logician at the end of reason.

An American at the end of Democracy.

An environmentalist, at the end of the world.

This is not a poem. It's just a list. And since there's no use being polite at the end of civility, I'll admit that I am seriously fucking pissed about being so much on it.

And to express that anger, a small LOL going back to our first re-launch post the other day: I'm also blogging at the end of blogs. Trees falling in silent forests, and all that.

- Fin -


No comments: